Nearby Motor Vehicle Accidents Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
Have you been injured in a Las Vegas car accident that was caused by someone else? Are you facing medical bills and other expenses related to your crash? Allow the experienced and compassionate legal team at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys to fight for the total compensation you need to be made whole again after a devastating auto accident.
Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers will negotiate aggressively for the maximum settlement you deserve, and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if the insurance company tries to minimize or deny your claim. Sometimes, that is the most effective way to show the insurance company you are serious about recovering total compensation in your case. Our respected trial lawyers know how to prepare a strong case for court. We have the resources and skills needed to handle complicated personal injury claims from start to finish, taking the pressure off you and allowing you to focus on healing.
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our accomplished legal team:
- Has more than 130 years of combined legal experience
- Has recovered more than $112 million for accident victims across Las Vegas
- Is solely focused on personal injury cases
To speak to a knowledgeable Las Vegas car accident lawyer about the details of your case, please contact our law firm now. We can meet with you personally in a free, no-obligation consultation to answer your questions and explain your next steps for pursuing the full and fair compensation you need to move forward with your life. Let us get started on your case today.
How a Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas Can Take the Pressure Off You
Many people wonder whether they really need an attorney to handle a car accident claim. The truth is: If you were hurt, you should talk to a lawyer. Nevada car insurance laws are complex, and insurance companies have legal teams that will fight you tooth and nail. If you do not have the help of a skilled car accident attorney in Las Vegas, NV you will most likely struggle to counter them effectively. Insurance companies often pressure unrepresented accident victims into accepting a quick cash settlement that is far less than what they are entitled to receive.
Hiring an experienced car accident attorney in Las Vegas, NV to help with your claim has many advantages. Our local personal injury lawyers are well-versed in Nevada law and experienced in handling these types of cases. Over the years, our seasoned car accident lawyers have helped countless crash victims get the full and just compensation they need to move forward with their lives.
From the first time you contact us, our Las Vegas car accident lawyers will put your mind at ease and help you understand exactly what to expect. Our trusted legal team will:
- Listen to all of your concerns, answer your questions, and talk you through the problems you are facing
- Investigate the facts of your car accident case to determine all responsible parties
- Identify every potential source of insurance to maximize the amount of recoverable compensation
- Work with accident reconstruction professionals and other experts to determine the cause of the crash
- Collect and preserve all the relevant evidence needed to build a strong case
- Consult with doctors to determine the extent of your injuries and how they will affect the rest of your life
- Estimate future medical costs and expenses related to your car accident
- Aggressively negotiate for a settlement that covers all your past, present, and future expenses
- Take your case to trial if that is in your best interests
- Manage communication with insurance company adjusters while you focus on your health and recovery
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case throughout the entire process
- Provide the advice you need to make decisions about settlement offers and other important matters related to your case
If you have suffered serious injuries in a car accident in Las Vegas, contact the experienced team at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys for a free consultation. We are here to answer your questions and ensure your legal rights are protected during this difficult time.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (702) 776-3333
Compensation in an Auto Accident Settlement
Car accidents can have a major impact on your health and financial well-being. Injuries, medical expenses, lost wages from missed work, and rehabilitation may all be among your concerns. The emotional trauma resulting from a car accident can leave you permanently scarred. Fortunately, you have legal recourse.
When you are injured in a car accident that resulted from someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries you sustain. There are two main types of compensation: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages provide compensation for losses that can be easily quantified. Examples include:
- Medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate you for more subjective losses that you suffer, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our Las Vegas auto accident attorneys will fight tirelessly for the full and just compensation you deserve for all damages related to your crash. If the insurance company does not offer you a settlement that covers all of your past, present, and future expenses, we won’t hesitate to bring your case to trial. Our skilled trial lawyers have helped secure millions in compensation for clients through favorable court verdicts.
How Is Fault Determined in a Car Accident?
Nevada is a “fault state,” meaning that, in car accident cases, the at-fault party is obligated to pay for the resulting injuries and damages.
When insurance companies and lawyers are investigating who was at fault for a car accident, they look at a wide variety of evidence, including:
- Police reports
- Statements by the drivers, passengers, and witnesses
- Photos of the property damage and the accident scene
- Surveillance footage
- Weather reports
- Road conditions
- Reports from mechanics who serviced the vehicles
- Analysis from accident reconstruction specialists
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Nevada, you should rely on an experienced personal injury lawyer to do the talking. What you say after your car accident can come back to haunt you during negotiations or in court. Contact us now to get a skilled car accident injury lawyer on your side.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Nevada
If you have been injured in a car accident in Nevada, you should know that insurance companies are going to try to find ways to minimize the compensation you are due. Insurance companies want to limit what they have to pay out so that they maximize their profits. They will strive to settle your claim as quickly and as cheaply as they can. Don’t get fooled by their quick cash settlement offer, as it is most likely far less than what your case is actually worth.
To protect your right to compensation, take the following steps after your car accident:
- Call 911. It’s important that law enforcement respond to the scene and file an accident report. Later, be sure to obtain a copy of the police report.
- Get medical treatment. If you have been injured, act promptly in getting the necessary medical care you and/or your passengers need. This will ensure your injuries are documented from the start.
- Take pictures. If you can, use your phone to take plenty of pictures of the scene of the accident and the damage to the vehicles involved. Also take photos of your injuries.
- Exchange information. Get the name, driver’s license number, and insurance information from the other driver. If there were witnesses, collect their names and contact information. Don’t rely on the police to do this.
- Save all paperwork. Start a file with any medical bills, receipts, insurance paperwork, etc. Save anything that is related to your accident so your attorney can review it.
- Call a Las Vegas car accident lawyer. Schedule a free and confidential consultation with our experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorneys to learn about your legal rights after a crash. We can handle all the details of your claim, so you can focus on healing.
How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Injury?
In Nevada, car accident injuries fall under the category of personal injury claims, which have a two-year statute of limitations. This means that any attempt to recover personal injury damages in Nevada must be filed within two years from the date of the injuries sustained in the car accident.
However, you should not put off seeking advice from a lawyer about your car accident case. The sooner an attorney can begin investigating your crash, preserving evidence, and documenting your losses, the better.
Understanding Your Own Insurance Coverage
Uninsured/under-insured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage can be added to your Nevada car insurance policy. This covers losses in case of a car accident where another driver is at fault, but the driver or the owner of that vehicle carries no (or inadequate) insurance.
When you schedule a free consultation with our Nevada car accident attorney, please bring a copy of your own insurance policy for us to review. We will work to uncover all potential sources of compensation that may be available to you.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car accidents can result in a wide array of injuries, ranging in severity from mild to fatal. At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, we handle cases for clients who suffered injuries such as:
- Head injuries. A high-speed collision can cause a victim’s head to strike the steering wheel, windshield, or side window, which can lead to a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Severe cases may even cause long-term brain damage.
- Spinal trauma and paralysis. Trauma to the spinal cord can permanently damage the ability to control certain parts of the body. Lifelong paralysis can result.
- Whiplash. Commonly experienced after a rear-end collision, whiplash occurs when the impact causes the neck to abruptly move back then forward. Whiplash may damage joints located between vertebrae and discs. Symptoms may not appear until days after the accident.
- Leg and knee injuries. These injuries can occur from impact or from part of the car crushing you. Leg and knee injuries include everything from cuts and lacerations to fractures. If the car accident abruptly twists your knee, it could cause the tearing of cartilage or dislocation.
- Burn injuries. Burns can range from minor to severe, while serious burns may cause scars or require skin grafts.
- Cuts and bruises. While oftentimes these injuries are minor, severe cuts and bruises may affect internal organs. Serious cuts and bruises to the eyes can cause loss of vision.
- Broken bones. Broken arms, legs, hips, and more are common. An extremely painful bone break can occur when a car accident places an enormous amount of force or pressure on the body.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Not all injuries are physical. You also may suffer from emotional and mental injuries following your car crash. Common PTSD symptoms include flashbacks, nightmares, difficulty sleeping, trouble concentrating, depression, and anxiety.
Common Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
Some of the common types of car accident claims we handle include:
- Uber/Lyft accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Wrong-way drivers
- Side-impact crashes
Talk to an Auto Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas Now
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable traffic collision lawyer in Las Vegas at THE702FIRM understands how difficult the consequences of a Las Vegas auto accident can be for you and your family. Our compassionate attorneys will work hard to hold the negligent party accountable and demand maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our established law firm has the manpower, the resources, and the skills to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Our passion for justice is matched only by our compassion for our clients. Our personal injury lawyers are accessible at all times to the people we serve. We know that you are going through one of the most difficult experiences of your life. We are always here to talk, listen, and support you as we work efficiently to resolve your car accident case.
Contact our auto accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV today to schedule your free and confidential consultation. Our Las Vegas car crash attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you don’t pay us unless you receive compensation.