Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorneys
Any severe injury can have a significant impact on the life of the victim. However, brain injuries can be particularly devastating and can change the way an individual and family members live their lives. People who suffer severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) may have difficulty performing everyday tasks like walking and talking. Some brain injury victims even end up in a permanent vegetative state or a coma. Brain injury victims may require long-term care and therapy that strains the financial resources of their loved ones caring for them.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident in Las Vegas, you need to learn about your legal right to compensation. Allow our skilled and compassionate Las Vegas brain injury attorneys at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us online or call us today. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us unless we recover compensation for you.
How a Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorney Can Help
Serious brain injuries can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating for victims and their families. The costs of treatment, medication, rehabilitation, and more are exorbitant. The tragic truth is that all too often, these injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence.
Our law firm has extensive experience fighting for the rights of individuals and families who are struggling to cope with traumatic brain injuries after accidents that could have been prevented. Our respected trial attorneys will:
- Review your case for free to answer your questions and explain your legal options
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident that caused your head injury
- Identify all potential sources of compensation
- Consult with medical experts and other specialists to get a clear picture of your past, current, and future damages
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and take your case to trial if a full settlement cannot be reached
Accidents involving brain injuries are often among the most complex personal injury cases. Don’t try to handle your brain injury claim alone. Allow the experienced Las Vegas brain injury attorneys from our firm to take care of all the complicated legal matters so you can focus on what’s most important: your health and recovery.
Demanding Full Compensation in a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit
Our highly skilled and aggressive Las Vegas brain injury attorneys will conduct a thorough evaluation of your situation to identify all the damages you are facing related to your head injury. Our attorneys will demand the full compensation you deserve for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: In a brain injury lawsuit, you may seek compensation for past, present, and future medical bills related to your injury. You may be able to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for medical bills related to hospital stays, doctors’ appointments, rehabilitation, therapy, medication, and more.
- Lost Wages: If you miss time from work due to your brain injury, you may be able to recover compensation for the resulting lost income. You may also receive compensation for diminished future earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be eligible to pursue financial compensation for any physical or emotional pain and suffering you endure due to your injury.
- Loss of Enjoyment in Life: You may be entitled to compensation for your inability to take part in activities you once enjoyed.
- Wrongful Death: When a TBI is fatal, the family of the victim may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The family can pursue compensation for funeral and burial costs, lost wages, and loss of consortium resulting from their loved one’s death.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (702) 776-3333
How Long Do You Have to a File a Claim?
Every state has its own statute of limitations, or time limit, for filing a personal injury claim. In Nevada, the statute of limitations for all personal injuries, including brain injuries suffered from accidents, is two years from the date of the injury.
Causes of Brain Injuries
A brain injury can be anything from a minor bump on the head to a severe blow to the skull. Unfortunately, even a seemingly minor head injury can quickly turn serious. Common causes of brain injuries include:
If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys can help you understand your legal rights. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to talk about your case.
TBI: Signs and Symptoms
Although signs and symptoms vary greatly depending on the severity of the TBI, they may include any of the following:
- Loss of consciousness
- Dizziness and balance problems
- Confusion and disorientation
- Short-term memory loss
- Poor concentration
- Vomiting and nausea
- Dilated pupils
- Blurred vision or seeing double
- Light sensitivity
- Cognitive difficulties
- Inappropriate emotional responses
- Breathing problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty speaking
- Slow pulse
- Difficulty swallowing
- Numbness or tingling
- Droopy eyelids
- Loss of bowel control
- Depression and anxiety
Do not hesitate to see a doctor after any type of accident involving an injury to the head. If you have suffered a brain injury, starting treatment as soon as possible will give you the best chance for a full recovery.
Treatment for Head Injuries
Treatment options vary depending on the severity of the brain injury. The mildest injuries can usually be treated with over-the-counter medications and rest. But it’s critical that you watch for any symptoms that may worsen with time. If your symptoms get worse, tell your doctor as soon as possible.
Common treatments for head injuries include:
- Emergency care
Severe TBIs can be treated in a variety of ways, and the treatments options are often used in tandem with each other.
Talk to a Brain Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas Now
Our Las Vegas brain injury attorneys will manage every aspect of your personal injury claim from start to finish, taking the pressure off of you and allowing you to focus on your recovery. If you have questions about your rights and are ready for us to review your case, contact us now to schedule your free consultation.