Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Any injury to the spinal cord could have a lasting impact on the victim’s life, including permanent loss of bodily functions and full or partial paralysis. In addition to the physical impact, victims may suffer severe financial challenges as they struggle to pay for treatment, modifications to their homes, and caregiving services, while also missing work due to their injury.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you need to understand your legal right to compensation. Our compassionate Las Vegas spinal cord injury lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys have the skills and the resources to help you demand the maximum compensation you need to get your life back on track. We have recovered more than $112 million for our deserving clients, and we are ready to fight for you now.
Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation so we can evaluate your spinal cord accident case and advise you on your legal options.
How a Las Vegas Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help You
A spinal cord injury can leave you with severe physical, mental, and emotional pain, as well as exorbitant expenses. The trauma can make you feel helpless and uncertain about your future. At THE702FIRM injury Attorneys, we are here to take some of the pressure off you.
When you trust our spinal cord injury attorneys to handle your case, you can expect that our team will:
- Investigate the facts surrounding your accident and gather extensive evidence as we build your case against the negligent party or parties
- Track your medical treatment and help you find specialists if you are having trouble seeing a doctor
- Document the full extent of your losses, including future anticipated losses you will face related to your spinal cord injury
- Work with medical experts, life care planners, economists, and other specialists who will help strengthen your case for full compensation
- Aggressively negotiate for a fair settlement and prepare to take your case to court if necessary
- Handle all communication with the insurance companies and at-fault parties throughout your case, so you can focus on your recovery, not your personal injury claim
Our Las Vegas spinal cord injury lawyers have earned a reputation as skilled trial lawyers, with more than 130 years of combined experience. Our legal team has extensive knowledge of Nevada personal injury laws and the court system. We know how to build a strong case for the full compensation you need to cover the long-term expenses and challenges associated with a spinal cord injury.
To learn how our team will fight for you, contact us now and schedule your free consultation.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (702) 776-3333
Demanding Full Compensation in a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit
Spinal cord injuries often cause severe damage and may affect your ability to control certain parts of your body. Spinal cord injury victims often require long-term treatment and may suffer permanent debilitation.
After an accident that results in a spinal cord injury, you may be entitled to a wide range of damages, including:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of a caregiver
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our spinal cord injury lawyers understand the difficulties victims face after such traumatic accidents. Our personal injury law firm will help you assess the damages you incur and evaluate how your life may be affected in the long term as a result. We will then fight aggressively for the full compensation you deserve for your spinal cord injury.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury occurs when there is damage to the bundle of nerves that transmit signals from the brain to the rest of the body. This bundle is known as the spinal cord, and when the nerves are damaged, a person may be partially or fully paralyzed as a result.
Spinal cord damage can occur in many ways and most often results from an accident.
Common types of spinal cord injury cases our law firm handles include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
No matter how you were injured, if you believe that someone else was to blame, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. The law limits the amount of time you have to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit, so it is crucial to speak to a lawyer right away.
Spinal Cord Injury: Signs and Symptoms
Those who have suffered spinal cord injuries may exhibit any of following signs and symptoms:
- Loss of sensation
- Extreme back pain
- Difficulty walking
- Numbness, tingling, or loss of feeling in appendages
- Inability to move the arms or legs
- Slurred speech
- Severe headaches
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Short-term memory loss
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of normal sexual function
- Impaired body temperature regulation
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Full or partial paralysis
Treatment for Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury requires prompt medical treatment to address life-threatening complications and to reduce the risk of long-term problems.
- Medications can be used to reduce swelling.
- In some cases, surgery may be recommended.
- Rest may be needed for the spine to heal.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other forms of rehabilitation for spinal cord injury are sometimes required.
While there isn’t a cure for spinal cord injury, researchers all over the globe are working on advances in treatment.
Talk to a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas Now
Our Las Vegas spinal cord injury lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys are committed to fighting for individuals and families whose lives have been forever changed in accidents that could have been prevented. For years, we have assisted spinal cord injury victims throughout the Las Vegas area in securing the full and fair compensation they deserve.
Our attorneys understand that no two spinal cord injury cases are alike. We provide each client with a high level of individualized attention and compassion. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your specific case.