What to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been seriously hurt in an accident in Las Vegas, you need a personal injury attorney.
Unfortunately, not all lawyers are created equal. It’s important to make sure you are working with an attorney you trust to pursue maximum compensation in your case.
Finding the right attorney is a highly personal process. While much of your decision may come down to your “gut feeling,” it’s smart to ask specific questions when searching for a lawyer.
What to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
When looking for a personal injury lawyer for your case, there are four main factors you should consider. These include:
- Experience in the same area of law: Finding a personal injury attorney is not enough. You have to find a lawyer that has experience with cases just like yours. You don’t want a corporate attorney handling your personal injury claim.
- Trial experience: It’s true that the vast majority of personal injury cases settle out of court. However, sometimes a trial is necessary to secure the maximum amount of damages. You want to know you are working with a lawyer that is prepared to represent you if you need to file a lawsuit.
- Diligence and dedication: Your lawyer should be dedicated and responsible. For example, Nevada law requires personal injury cases to be filed within two years. Fail to do so, and you may forfeit your claim for damages. A qualified lawyer will be sure not to miss important filing deadlines.
- A record of excellence: Lawyers should be able to show you a track record of success by generally outlining past cases they worked on and telling you the award they received for their client.
Questions to Ask Your Potential Personal Injury Lawyer
Come to your free consultation prepared to ask questions. Some of the most important questions to ask a potential injury attorney include:
- Do you specialize in personal injury law?
- What types of personal injury cases have you handled? What were the results?
- Will you handle my personal injury case directly?
- What is your contingency fee?
- How many cases are you currently working on?
- How many cases have you taken to trial?
- How long do you think my case will take to resolve?
- Will you be the attorney to take my case to court?
- Do you have the time and resources to handle my case?
- What is your preferred method of communicating with clients?
If you are not satisfied with any of the answers to these questions, speak to another lawyer that can better fit your needs. You are under no obligation to hire the first attorney that you interview.
Is THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys Right for Me?
The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys are committed to providing high-quality, personalized legal services to people who have been hurt due to someone else’s recklessness. With 130 years of combined experience successfully representing injured people throughout Las Vegas, our lawyers know what it takes to win and how to secure the compensation that victims are owed.
Don’t wait to learn your legal options if you’ve been hurt. Call or contact us for a free case review.