Motorcycle Collision Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
Because motorcycle riders do not have the same protection and safety features that people in cars and trucks enjoy, they are at high risk for serious injuries when other drivers crash into them. Motorcyclists who are hurt in accidents can face expensive medical bills, miss a lot of time from work, and struggle to pay everyday expenses while they heal.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a Las Vegas motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you need to learn about your legal right to compensation. At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, we have more than 130 years of combined experience fighting for the rights of motorcyclists. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys have recovered more than $112 million for our deserving clients, and we are ready to fight for you now.
Contact us today to talk to a skilled and compassionate Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer. The consultation is free, and there are no fees unless we win money for you.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents Cases More Complicated?
Motorcycle accident claims can be extremely complex. This is in part because motorcycle accidents typically cause far more severe injuries than other types of motor vehicle accidents and because liability is contested in many motorcycle accident claims.
Getting fair compensation is no easy task. A motorcycle rider who has been severely injured may quickly rack up medical bills for treatment and rehabilitative therapies. Also, recovery from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can be a long – or even lifelong – process. Any settlement must consider all losses, including those a victim will face in the future.
Sadly, the insurance companies for other motorists involved in an accident will often try to claim that the motorcycle rider was at fault. The insurance companies may try to play up stereotypes about motorcyclists to avoid liability. Our motorcycle accident lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys don’t let insurers get away with this. Our attorneys know that the vast majority of motorcyclists are cautious, and many motorcycle accidents are caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness. We watch out for bikers, and we will fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
How Our Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our motorcycle accident lawyers know exactly what needs to happen to protect your rights, and we can begin work immediately on your case. This means:
- Launching an in-depth investigation into your crash, which may involve interviewing witnesses and other parties, as well as gathering evidence from the scene of the accident. We will also get a copy of the police accident report and track down any surveillance footage that may have captured your crash. We may work with an accident reconstruction expert to analyze all the data and show exactly what happened.
- Collecting all medical evidence, including records from emergency rooms, hospitals, and doctors you have seen. Our team can also work with a network of medical specialists to evaluate how your injuries will affect you in the future.
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies for the full and fair compensation you deserve. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will be ready to take your case to trial and fight fiercely for justice for you.
Proving Fault After a Motorcycle Crash
In order to recover compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries, our team will need to determine and prove who was at fault for your crash. Some of the common evidence we use to prove fault in motorcycle accidents includes:
- Police reports. If police officers are dispatched to the scene of the motorcycle accident, they will create a report based upon information they gather. A police report contains information such as the parties involved, the contact and insurer information of the parties involved, the location of the accident, and weather conditions, among other details. It may also note if the other driver was cited for a traffic violation. All of this information can help as we reconstruct the crash to determine what happened.
- Witness statements. While witness information should be recorded in the police report, the police may not identify all the witnesses. Witness statements can be vital evidence in motorcycle accident claims. Our lawyers will work to locate witnesses as soon as possible after the accident to document the details they remember while the accident is fresh in their minds.
- Medical records. Medical records and bills prove the severity of your injuries, along with details of your medical treatments and the costs. Medical records can also help you prove the pain and suffering you endured.
- Photographs. Photos of the accident scene, the damage to all vehicles involved, your injuries, weather conditions, etc., can help establish fault and the nature of the accident. If an accident reconstructionist helps with your case, the photos could help this professional reconstruct the accident.
- Helmet, clothing, and motorcycle. Keep the helmet you were wearing during the accident and take a photo of it after the accident. Do not alter it. The helmet can be an important piece of evidence. Also, keep your motorcycle in its damaged condition until you consult with a lawyer. Your attorney may have an expert inspect the bike before you have it repaired or examined by the insurance company.
- Surveillance footage. The availability of surveillance footage has increased in recent years. Surveillance obtained from surrounding businesses is a common type of footage. Other options include bike-cams, red-light camera footage, and videos shot by witnesses with smartphones.
When our legal team takes on your case, you can trust that we will work tirelessly to hold the at-fault party accountable. To get a dedicated Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney on your side, contact us now for a free consultation.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (702) 776-3333
Demanding Maximum Compensation for You
Our experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. You may be entitled to a range of economic and non-economic damages, including payment for:
- Medical bills (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment in life
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, you may be able to demand justice through a wrongful death claim. At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our No. 1 goal is to help you pursue maximum compensation so that you can start to move forward with your life after a tragic crash.
Nevada Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
If your motorcycle accident occurred in Nevada, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim for compensation. However, a lot of legal legwork needs to be done before you can file such a claim, so it is important to speak with a knowledgeable Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure you understand your legal rights and do not miss any deadlines.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas
Many motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence and carelessness of other motorists on the road. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas that was someone else’s fault, it’s in your best interest to retain a qualified lawyer who can protect your rights.
Immediately after a crash, there are also steps you can take to help your claim:
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Get the driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Get the names and contact information for any witnesses.
- Take photos of the scene, the vehicles involved, and your injuries.
- Seek medical treatment and follow all your doctor’s orders.
- Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Stay off social media until your case is resolved.
Motorcycle accidents can be very complex. You need a seasoned motorcycle accident lawyer who knows the ins and outs of this process and can help you pursue the maximum compensation you deserve following your accident.
Talk to a Motorcycle Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, NV Now
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, we work with motorcycle accident victims in the greater Las Vegas area. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Our highly skilled Motorcycle motor vehicle accident personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV will investigate every aspect of your motorcycle accident and build a strong case on your behalf. Let us fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us at any time. We can meet with you at your home, in the hospital, or anywhere else that is convenient for you.