Las Vegas Slip & Fall Attorneys
Have you been seriously injured after slipping and falling on public or private property in Las Vegas? If so, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages you are facing.
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, we have more than 130 years of combined legal experience handling complex personal injury cases. Our respected trial lawyers have recovered more than $112 million for accident victims and families in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada. We understand how serious slip and fall accidents can be, and we fight fiercely for the full compensation you need to recover.
Because these claims are so complex and can be difficult to prove, it’s critical that you contact an experienced premises liability attorney as soon as possible. A slip and fall attorney from our firm can help in gathering evidence, finding witnesses, and determining whether the property owner can be held liable. Evidence could get lost or destroyed if you wait too long, so don’t delay. Call our highly skilled slip and fall attorneys today for a free initial consultation.
Do You Have a Slip and Fall Claim?
Slip and fall accidents are covered under an area of law known as premises liability. Whether you have a viable case will depend on a range of factors, including what caused your slip and fall and whether or not the property owner had knowledge of the hazard.
Under Nevada law, property owners must keep their premises safe from unreasonable harm and are required to repair or at least warn visitors of potential hazards on their property. Nevada property owners must take reasonable steps to make sure their property is safe for visitors. Property owners have a duty to:
- Make repairs in a timely manner
- Maintain a risk-free environment
- Post warning signs
- Block access to dangerous areas
- Comply with state and local safety requirements
If property owners fail in these duties, and you are harmed by a danger on their property as a result, you may be able to pursue compensation through a slip and fall claim.
How Our Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers Will Fight for You
THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys provides qualified legal representation for those hurt in slip and fall accidents in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada. Our slip and fall lawyers draw on their extensive knowledge of Nevada statutes and legal procedures when representing slip and fall victims. If your slip and fall injury could have been prevented had the property owner exercised proper care, you are likely entitled to compensation.
Because these cases can be complicated to prove, it is crucial that you work with a skilled premises liability attorney who has successfully handled many cases like these before. When you choose our team to handle your case:
- Our team can conduct an independent investigation into your accident. We can gather all the facts and evidence associated with your accident, interview witnesses, and do everything that is needed to build the strongest case possible.
- If necessary, we can call upon our vast network of experts, including accident reconstruction experts, to support your claim.
- We will identify all possible sources of compensation in your accident in order to hold the at-fault party(s) accountable.
- Our team will help you document the full extent of your damages, including future anticipated expenses you will face related to your injury.
- Our slip and fall lawyer in Las Vegas can negotiate aggressively with the insurance companies and work toward a fair settlement that covers all of your damages. If your slip and fall case goes to court, our experienced trial attorneys can present your story and argue for full compensation at trial.
Recovering compensation after a slip and fall can be difficult without the help of an attorney. Navigating the legal processes and procedures that come with building a case can be challenging. A Las Vegas slip and fall lawyer from our firm will be able to take care of all the complicated legal aspects so you can focus on what’s most important: your recovery.
The slip and fall lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys have a long history of achieving favorable results for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn how we can help you.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (702) 776-3333
Compensation Available After a Slip and Fall
Our Las Vegas slip and fall injury lawyers will fight tirelessly in pursuit of all the types of compensation available to you, including:
- Medical bills (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
Because no two slip and fall accidents are exactly alike, it’s hard to say what your total amount of compensation should be without a thorough evaluation of your claim. The compensation you are eligible to recover will depend on the damages (physical, mental, and financial) that you have endured, and it make take some time to fully understand how your injuries will affect you.
For a free evaluation of your slip and fall case, contact our firm now.
How Long Do You Have to File a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
In Nevada, the statute of limitations for a premises liability injury claim is two years, beginning on the date the injury happened. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Nevada and do not file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from ever bringing the suit.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
In many cases, the cause of a slip and fall is due to the negligence of the property owner where the incident occurred. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Defects in pavement
- Torn or worn carpeting
- Floor mats that are not secured
- Water leaks that go unpatched
- Poor lighting
- Slippery surfaces
- Debris or trash
- Broken handrails
- Broken stairs
- Holes in the ground
- Cracked or uneven floors
- Loose or broken tiles
- Spilled food or drinks
- Sloped walking surfaces
- Stray electrical wires and cords
- Inadequate security
You may begin your slip and fall case not knowing exactly what caused your fall or who was to blame. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t have all of the answers right off the bat. The highly skilled and experienced Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys can help you sort out the facts to determine what happened and whether you have a case.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn about your legal rights.
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
Slip and fall accidents occur in a wide variety of locations, including:
- Retail stores
- Convenient stores
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Amusement parks
- Cruise ships
- Retirement homes
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Slip and Fall
We at THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys recommend you take the following steps to preserve evidence you may need for your slip and fall claim:
- Seek medical attention. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, get prompt medical treatment. If necessary, call 911. Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, you should still get a medical evaluation. Some injuries may not exhibit symptoms until hours or even days later. Save all paperwork, bills, and receipts related to your treatment.
- Report the slip and fall. Report the accident to the property owner. Provide a summary of the accident. Keep a copy of this report.
- Take photos of the accident scene. If you’re physically able, take photos of the accident scene with your phone immediately after the slip and fall. These photos will show any hazards that you could have slipped or tripped on. Accident scenes can change, and hazards can be fixed or cleaned up, so the more pictures you take, the better.
- Do not wash or throw out clothes or shoes. Your clothing and shoes could be vital evidence. Don’t throw them out or wash them after the accident, even if they are ruined.
Contact a slip and fall attorney. A knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer in Las Vegas can manage all legal aspects of your claim, taking the pressure off you while you heal
Talk to a Las Vegas Slip and Fall Attorney Now
At THE702FIRM Injury Attorneys, our experienced lawyers will thoroughly investigate your slip and fall accident and demand the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries. If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall that was the result of a property owner’s negligence, call us now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a highly skilled Las Vegas premises liability attorney.